Fonds CONG-218 - Woodbridge Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Woodbridge Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00313 CONG-218

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1845-1974 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

19 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Woodbridge Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.) was established in 1874 by the Rev. Peter Nicol. The congregation was officially organized in 1875. For the first three years, services were held in the Temperance Hall. A church building was dedicated in December of 1877. The first minister was the Rev. R. Pettigrew who served from 1875 until 1884. Woodbridge Presbyterian Church remained with The Presbyterian Church in Canada during the time of Church Union in 1925. Knox Presbyterian Church, Vaughan amalgamated with Woodbridge in 1961.

Name of creator

Administrative history

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of the records of Woodbridge Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.) and the records of the amalgamated Knox Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.). The records of Woodbridge Presbyterian Church consist of: Marriages (1902-1948) and a history (1974). The records of Knox Presbyterian Church consist of: Baptisms (1845-1960); Session minutes (1845-1915, 1845-1900); Communion Roll (1874-1914, 1932-1939); Congregational Meeting minutes (1854-1961) and other records.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Notes Session minutes are restricted for a period of 50 years from the date they were written.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A file list is available. See FA-4000V at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres