Woodbridge Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Woodbridge Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Woodbridge Presbyterian Church (Vaughan, Ont.) was established in 1874 by the Rev. Peter Nicol. The congregation was officially organized in 1875. For the first three years, services were held in the Temperance Hall. A church building was dedicated in December of 1877. The first minister was the Rev. R. Pettigrew who served from 1875 until 1884. Woodbridge Presbyterian Church remained with The Presbyterian Church in Canada during the time of Church Union in 1925. Knox Presbyterian Church, Vaughan amalgamated with Woodbridge in 1961.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC