Área de identidad
Tipo de entidad
Forma autorizada del nombre
Women's College Hospital. Department of Medical Imaging
Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre
Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas
Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre
- Department of Radiology
Identificadores para instituciones
Área de descripción
Fechas de existencia
The Department of Radiology of Women's College Hospital was established in 1920. Dr. Elizabeth L. Stewart was the first Chief of Radiology (1920-1954). She was succeeded by Dr. Elizabeth Forbes (1955-1975), Dr. Terrance P. Connor (1975-1988), Dr. Eve Fishnell (1988-1996), and Dr. Katherine Fong (1997-1999).
Following the amalgamation of Women's College Hospital with Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in 1998, there was a single Radiologist-in-Chief for Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre. This position was filled by Dr. H. S. Shulman (1999-2002) and Dr. Alan Moody (2002-2006). Dr. Moody remained Radiologist-in-Chief at Women's College Hospital when the Hospital de-amalgamated from Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in 2006.
In 2007, Women's College Hospital joined the Joint Department of Medical Imaging, which today comprises Women's College Hospital, Mount Sinai Hospital and the University Health Network (Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, and Toronto Rehab Hospital). The Chief of Medical Imaging for the Joint Department of Medical Imaging is Dr. Larry White. The Site Chief of Medical Imaging for Women's College Hospital is Dr. Heidi Roberts (2007-present).