Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Women's College Hospital. Department of Medical Imaging
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Department of Radiology
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Department of Radiology of Women's College Hospital was established in 1920. Dr. Elizabeth L. Stewart was the first Chief of Radiology (1920-1954). She was succeeded by Dr. Elizabeth Forbes (1955-1975), Dr. Terrance P. Connor (1975-1988), Dr. Eve Fishnell (1988-1996), and Dr. Katherine Fong (1997-1999).
Following the amalgamation of Women's College Hospital with Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in 1998, there was a single Radiologist-in-Chief for Sunnybrook & Women's College Health Sciences Centre. This position was filled by Dr. H. S. Shulman (1999-2002) and Dr. Alan Moody (2002-2006). Dr. Moody remained Radiologist-in-Chief at Women's College Hospital when the Hospital de-amalgamated from Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in 2006.
In 2007, Women's College Hospital joined the Joint Department of Medical Imaging, which today comprises Women's College Hospital, Mount Sinai Hospital and the University Health Network (Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, and Toronto Rehab Hospital). The Chief of Medical Imaging for the Joint Department of Medical Imaging is Dr. Larry White. The Site Chief of Medical Imaging for Women's College Hospital is Dr. Heidi Roberts (2007-present).