Whitby (Ont. : Township)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Whitby (Ont. : Township)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Township of Whitby was incorporated effective January 1, 1852 under the terms of the Baldwin Act, Chapter 81, Canada Statutes, 1849. The seat of local government was the Village of Brooklin, an agricultural community consisting of several mills and other small industries. Other communities in the Township included Ashburn, Myrtle, and Myrtle Station.

The Township of Whitby amalagamated with the former Town of Whitby in 1968 to create the current Town of Whitby.

Places

Brooklin, Ashburn, Myrtle, Myrtle Station

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Updated: November 22, 2011
Revised: April 11, 2016

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC