Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Graphic material
- Moving images
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Watford - Warwick Pastoral Charge (Ont.)
Physical description area
1 video cassette
1 microfilm reel: positive and negative; 35 mm
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Watford - Warwick Pastoral Charge was formed ca. 1972 with the amalgamation of Watford and Warwick charges; it consisted of Watford and Warwick. With the closure of Warwick United Church in 2012, it became a single-point charge.
Watford Pastoral Charge was formed ca. 1961 when St. Andrew's Church and Central Church, both in Watford, amalgamated. The charge also included Bethesda Church and Zion Church, both in Warwick Township, and was discontinued ca. 1971, when Watford joined with Warwick to form Watford - Warwick Pastoral Charge, and Bethesda and Zion closed.
Watford United Church, located at 555 Ontario St in Watford, was established in ca. 1961 with the amalgamation of St. Andrew's United Church and Central United Church, both in Watford. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.
St. Andrew's United Church in Watford was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian. The Presbyterians began having services in Watford in 1851 and a church was constructed in 1869. It joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. In 1930, it formed part of a two point charge with Bethesda Church in Warwick Township. In 1961 the congregation amalgamated with Central United Church to form Watford United Church.
Central United Church in Watford, originally known as Erie Street United Church, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. In June 1952, a new church was dedicated and at this time the name was changed to Central United Church. It formed part of a three point charge with Zion Church in Warwick and Walnut until the congregation amalgamated with St. Andrew's to form Watford United Church.
Warwick United Church was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Methodists first met in Warwick in 1834 and a church building was dedicated in 1863. It joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 and formed part of a three point charge with Uttoxeter and Bethel Church in Warwick Township until the formation of Watford - Warwick Pastoral Charge. It closed on June 30, 2012.
Bethesda United Church, located at lot 10, 6th Concession in Warwick Township, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Bethesda Methodist Church was established in 1879 with a church building opening the following year in 1880. It joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 and formed part of Brooke Pastoral Charge until 1929. It then became part of Watford: St. Andrew's Pastoral Charge until St. Andrew's amalgamated with Central United. It was part of Watford Pastoral Charge until it closed ca. 1970
Zion United Church, located on lot 24, 2nd Concession in Warwick Township, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. The church building was built in 1865 with significant renovations occurring in 1901. It joined the United Church of Canada in 1925 and formed part of Watford: Erie Street Pastoral Charge until ca. 1953 when the charge was renamed Watford: Central Pastoral Charge. It then formed part of Watford Pastoral Charge. It closed ca. 1972.
Bethel United Church, located on 15 Sideroad, Warwick Township, was established in 1925, formerly Methodist. Bethel Methodist Church, originally Primitive Methodist, was established in the 1860s and in 1863, a church building was erected. In 1892, a new brick church was erected. It became part of the Warwick Methodist Circuit in 1894, then Arkona Circuit in 1912, and back to Warwick in 1923. It joined the United Church of Canada in 1925. The church closed in June 1963.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material