Collectie U151 - Waterloo Lutheran Seminary collection

Open original Digitaal object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Waterloo Lutheran Seminary collection

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Collectie

referentie code

CA ON00362 U151

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1910 - ? (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Waterloo Lutheran Seminary
    Plaats
    Waterloo

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

47 cm of textual material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1911-)

Institutionele geschiedenis

Waterloo Lutheran Seminary (WLS) officially opened on October 30, 1911 in Waterloo, Ontario in a house located on five acres of land donated by the City of Waterloo. The first class consisted of four students and one full-time faculty member, Ottomar Lincke. Lincke would also serve as the first executive officer until 1914. In 1924, Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. The following year, the Seminary and Waterloo College affiliated with the University of Western Ontario (UWO) allowing students to earn an accredited degree. Women were allowed to attend to Waterloo College beginning in 1929.

In 1960 Waterloo College ended its affiliation with the University of Western Ontario and became an independent, degree granting institution called Waterloo Lutheran University that operated alongside the Seminary.

The current Seminary building was dedicated on October 20th, 1963. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became a provincially-funded, secular institution and was renamed Wilfrid Laurier University. The Lutheran Church was no longer responsible for the operating the University but the Waterloo Lutheran Seminary remained a federated college of Wilfrid Laurier University.

In the 1980s, the Waterloo Lutheran Seminary gained full accreditation status in the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. In 1994, a Doctor of Ministry degree was added. The year 2010 saw the creation of the Kanata Centre for Worship and Global Song, which seeks to bridge the cultural gap between developed and less developed countries. Currently, the Seminary offers a variety of diploma, master’s and doctoral programs, as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies and Global Citizenship.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

The collection consists of various textual records including correspondence, reports, notes, promotional material, constitution and by-laws, newspaper clippings, material for publication, award applications, special event programs, church service bulletins, and other records relating to the regular activities of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

  • Engels

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Open

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Associated materials

Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/eastern-synod-evangelical-lutheran-church-canada-fonds
Carrol Herman Little fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/carroll-herman-little-fonds
Nils Willison fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/nils-willison-fonds
Ulrich Leupold fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/ulrich-s-leupold-fonds
Seminette Club fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/seminette-club-fonds
Women’s Auxiliary of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/womens-auxiliary-waterloo-lutheran-seminary-fonds
History 290 : student papers

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Further accruals are expected

Algemene aantekening

Title taken from contents of the fonds.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

  • Engels

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Digitaal object (Master) rights area

Digitaal object (Referentie) rights area

Digitaal object (Thumbnail) rights area

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres