Collection U151 - Waterloo Lutheran Seminary collection

Ouvrir Objet numérique originale

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Waterloo Lutheran Seminary collection

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Collection

Cote

CA ON00362 U151

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1910 - ? (Production)
    Producteur
    Waterloo Lutheran Seminary
    Lieu
    Waterloo

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

47 cm of textual material

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1911-)

Histoire administrative

Waterloo Lutheran Seminary (WLS) officially opened on October 30, 1911 in Waterloo, Ontario in a house located on five acres of land donated by the City of Waterloo. The first class consisted of four students and one full-time faculty member, Ottomar Lincke. Lincke would also serve as the first executive officer until 1914. In 1924, Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. The following year, the Seminary and Waterloo College affiliated with the University of Western Ontario (UWO) allowing students to earn an accredited degree. Women were allowed to attend to Waterloo College beginning in 1929.

In 1960 Waterloo College ended its affiliation with the University of Western Ontario and became an independent, degree granting institution called Waterloo Lutheran University that operated alongside the Seminary.

The current Seminary building was dedicated on October 20th, 1963. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became a provincially-funded, secular institution and was renamed Wilfrid Laurier University. The Lutheran Church was no longer responsible for the operating the University but the Waterloo Lutheran Seminary remained a federated college of Wilfrid Laurier University.

In the 1980s, the Waterloo Lutheran Seminary gained full accreditation status in the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. In 1994, a Doctor of Ministry degree was added. The year 2010 saw the creation of the Kanata Centre for Worship and Global Song, which seeks to bridge the cultural gap between developed and less developed countries. Currently, the Seminary offers a variety of diploma, master’s and doctoral programs, as well as a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies and Global Citizenship.

Historique de la conservation

Portée et contenu

The collection consists of various textual records including correspondence, reports, notes, promotional material, constitution and by-laws, newspaper clippings, material for publication, award applications, special event programs, church service bulletins, and other records relating to the regular activities of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Open

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Éléments associés

Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/eastern-synod-evangelical-lutheran-church-canada-fonds
Carrol Herman Little fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/carroll-herman-little-fonds
Nils Willison fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/nils-willison-fonds
Ulrich Leupold fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/ulrich-s-leupold-fonds
Seminette Club fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/seminette-club-fonds
Women’s Auxiliary of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary fonds:http://library.wlu.ca/research-materials/archives/finding-aids/womens-auxiliary-waterloo-lutheran-seminary-fonds
History 290 : student papers

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Further accruals are expected

Note générale

Title taken from contents of the fonds.

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

  • anglais

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Objet numérique (Fichier maître) zone des droits

Objet numérique (Référence) zone des droits

Objet numérique (Vignette) zone des droits

Zone des entrées