Primary contact71 Queen's Park Crescent East
CA M5S 1K7
The history of the Victoria University Archives is intertwined with that of the United Church as it was initially a repository primarily concerned with records created by the Church.
In 1953 the Archives was given a space in the Wymilwood Building and led by an Archivist-Historian who was jointly appointed by the Church and the University.
In 1961, the holdings were moved to the newly opened E.J. Pratt Library and then in 1972, a new agreement was reached and the Archives was set up in the Birge-Carnegie Building where it would operate as the United Church of Canada/Victoria University Archives.
In 2008 the decision was made to separate the United Church Archives and the Victoria University Archives. Church records were moved to the new United Church Archives at Church House in Etobicoke, Ontario. The University records remain at Birge-Carnegie, with the Victoria University Archives functioning as part of the Victoria University Library.
Archeion contains our top level, fonds descriptions only. For complete, up-to-date finding aids, please see our holdings website: http://library.vicu.utoronto.ca/archives/our_holdings.html
Direct links to some collections and digitized material can be found listed below.
Ephemera Collection: http://library.vicu.utoronto.ca/archives/ephemera
Photograph Database: http://archival-photos.vicu.utoronto.ca/
Digital Collections: https://digitalcollections.vicu.utoronto.ca