Fonds P085 - University Women's Club of Sudbury fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

University Women's Club of Sudbury fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00159 P085

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1948-1981 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

78 cm of textual records ca. 150 photographs 1 scrapbook

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The University Women's Club of Sudbury was admitted as a chapter of The Canadian Federation of University Women in 1948. Members of the Sudbury chapter consist of women who have earned university degrees. They share the common objectives of promoting higher education among female high school students, stimulating intellectual activity in university women, and encouraging their members to be active in public affairs. The club raises funds for their projects by sponsoring cultural activities in Sudbury. The projects of the Sudbury branch include scholarships at Laurentian University for local female high school students, donations to Laurentian University Library, sponsoring career nights, and participating as a lobby group with other chapters, in the areas of educational and law reform. The Sudbury chapter currently has 110 members who collaborate with other organizations such as LEAF and YWCA to host cultural activities.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The records of the fonds consist of: their constitution, minutes, membership lists, a copy of the original charter, a guest book, newsletters, photo albums, a scrapbook and newspaper clippings. The records document the activities of the University Women's Club of Sudbury within the national and international organization, and specifically, their involvement in the immediate community of Sudbury

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The fonds was received in two accruals. The first accrual was received from Nancy Mitchell (President) in 1980. The second accrual was received from E. Miliken (President) in November 1999.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

A preliminary listing is available

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres