Fonds F1650 - Trinity United Church (Napanee, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Trinity United Church (Napanee, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1650

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1996-1997 (Reproduction)
    Reproducer
    United Church of Canada Archives
    Note
    Microfilmed
  • 1851-1988 (Creation)
    Creator
    Trinity United Church (Napanee, Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

10 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Trinity United Church in Napanee was established in 1925; formerly Methodist. Trinity Methodist Church (earlier known as Eastern Methodist Church) in Napanee traces its origins to the Napanee Wesleyan Methodist Circuit, which, pre-1872, included Napanee, Sand Hill, Houghs, Little Creek (now Anderson), Adolphustown Township, Olivers, Selby, Tyendinaga Township, Union Church, Morven, Big Creek, Mount Pleasant, and Mill Point (now Deseronto); in 1872, Napanee became a single point circuit; in 1925, Trinity Methodist Church entered the United Church.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records, including marriages, 1911-1922, of Trinity (formerly Eastern) Methodist Church in Napanee (pre-1872, also includes Napanee (Wesleyan) Methodist Circuit, made up of Napanee, Sand Hill, Houghs, Little Creek (now Anderson), Adolphustown Township, Olivers, Selby, Tyendinaga Township, Union Church, Morven, Big Creek, Mount Pleasant, and Mill Point (now Deseronto), 1851-1925; and records, including baptisms, 1897-1960, marriages, 1897-1984, and burials, 1897-1967, of Trinity United Church in Napanee (also includes Trinity Methodist Church), 1897-1988.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Parts of the textual records are available on microfilm reel(s) LCM-95: positive and negative; 35 mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. Parts of the records are also available on 1 microfilm reel (non LCM reels): positive and negative; 35 mm. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use microfilm where available

Finding aids

Bay of Quinte Conference - finding aid 287

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1987.098L

Accession

1990.012L

Accession

2010.100L

Accession

2014.062L/TR

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area