Transportation and utilities

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Transportation and utilities

Equivalent terms

Transportation and utilities

Associated terms

Transportation and utilities

35 Archival description results for Transportation and utilities

35 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

"Julia B. Merrill" Painting

Item is a painting by Canadian actor and artist Robert Imbert Orchard (1909-1991). Oil, unframed painting. Written on verso: "Painted by Robert Imbert Orchard when a student in J. W. Beatty's class at Corbett's Mill, Port Hope. The "Julia B. Merrill" ship painted in Port Hope harbour 1928. She was afterwards burnt at Sunnyside August 1931 to amuse the public. One of the last lake schooners had been a rum runner, then was carrying coal." Orchard would have been 19 years of age when he painted this. He had returned to Port Hope for a visit in the summer of 1928, which coincided with the fire of 1928 at Trinity College School.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario CNR Station Renovation Papers

  • CA ON00154 995.7
  • Fonds
  • 1977-1986

Fonds consists of the papers created throughout the process of renovating the old Canadian National Railway station in Port Hope, c1977-1986. The project was supervised by the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch. Please refer to series-level descriptions for more detailed information.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch

Belleville Fire Department collection

  • CA ON00156 2016-29
  • Collection
  • 1910-2015

Materials collected by the Belleville Fire Department from members and former members of the department. They include photographs, correspondence, press clippings and fire call logs.

Bob Surtees fonds

  • CA ON00408 F033
  • Fonds
  • 1910-2001

Fonds documents Surtees' work as a Professor of History at Nipissing University. Fonds contains one series documenting Surtees' research for his book "The Northern Connection: Ontario Northland Since 1902," a history of the Ontario Northland Railway/Temiskaming and Northern Ontario Railway. Other records in the fonds reflect Surtees' academic activities and research interests, including First Nations and northern Ontario history.

Surtees, Bob

Brotherhood of Railway Carmen, Local 187 fonds

  • CA ON00159 P015
  • Fonds
  • 1902-1992, predominant 1980-1984

The fonds consists of records that are directly related to the organization of Local 187. The records include: original charters for Locals 187 and 192, their constitution and by-laws, reports, minutes, convention proceedings, and collective agreements booklets. These documents provide some insight to the operation of union locals that represented Railway Carmen in Northeastern Ontario, and their position within the context of the larger organization. When the Canadian Division joined CAW, individual locals of the Rail Division gained more prominence at the national level.

Brotherhood of Railway Carmen. Local 187

C.P.R. Station, Brampton

Item consists of a real photo postcard of the Canadian Pacific Railway station at Brampton, featuring a crowd of onlookers and a horse and wagon for Queen's Hotel, Brampton.

Canadian National Railway Station Restoration Correspondence

File consists of papers and correspondence between the Town of Port Hope (now Municipality of Port Hope), Canadian National Railway, Hogan Restorations, Architect Howard Walkers and lawyers, 1981-1985. All correspondence related to the restoration of the CNR station. It also includes an invitation to the opening on 7 Dec 1985 and the invitation list.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch

Canadian National Railway Station Restoration Legal Papers

File consists of nine (9) legal documents (and newspaper clippings) relating to the restoration of the Port Hope CN Station, 1984. It includes: (1) Agreement between ACO and Alan Zeegen Associates Ltd. (Engineers) 18 April 1984; (2) Inspection Report CN Rails Station. February 1982; (3) CN Railway Station, Port Hope Ontario by Martin E. Eaver, Director of Education & Technical Services, Heritage Canada Foundation Conservation Study, July 5, 1982; (4) Stipulated price contact, 1984; (5) Agreement between CNR Company and Ontario Heritage Foundation and ACO, March 1983; (6) Agreement between the Canadian Railway Company and Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Ontario as represented by the Minister of Culture and Citizenship and the ACO re: $180,000 between the 3 parties; (7) Document regarding the transfer of land between CNR and ACO, 1987; (8) Railway information kit for aid in the conservation of Heritage Railway Stations; (9) Newspaper articles concerning the reopening of the Station.

Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, Port Hope Branch

Deseronto Archives photographic collection

  • Collection
  • 1860-

The photographs are arranged by subject matter and cover activities in and around the town of Deseronto, Ontario. The majority date from the late nineteenth century and many depict the lumber-related industries of the Rathbun Company in Deseronto. There are also photographs of school groups, churches, railways, First World War airfields and portraits of Deseronto citizens.

Donald F Parrott Collection

  • Collection
  • 1920 - 1940

Photographs of mining and transportation in Northwestern Ontario in the first part of the twentieth century.

Includes:
Photographs of Zenmac Zinc Mine near Schreiber
Photographs of Root River Marine Portage and mining equipment supplies transported

Edgeley, Ontario post office

Photograph showing the first and only location of the Edgeley post office which was also the general store. It was located on the south east corner of Thornhill Sideroad and the Fifth Concession of Vaughan Township, Ontario, now Hwy. 7 and Jane St. Mr. L. Arthur Whitmore, postmaster and general store owner, is seen here putting groceries in a buggy. In the buggy on the right is his father-in-law, William Reid, an Edgeley blacksmith, who was ready to leave for Concord to pick up the mail from the train at the Thornhill station. The Edgeley post office and store was closed on July 12, 1960. It was demolished when Jane St was widened and paved in 1965.

Results 1 to 20 of 35