Fonds F1379 - Trafalgar Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Trafalgar Pastoral Charge (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1379

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1996-1997 (Reproduction)
    Reproducer
    United Church of Canada Archives
    Note
    Microfilmed
  • 1880-1985 (Creation)
    Creator
    Trafalgar Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

40 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Trafalgar Pastoral Charge was formed in 1925, formerly Methodist; it included Wesley Church in Oakville, Trinity Church in Oakville, Munn's Church in Oakville, and Sheridan; it was discontinued ca. 1985. Trafalgar Methodist Circuit was formed ca. 1880, and included Munn's Church in Oakville, Wesley Church in Oakville, Bethel Church in Trafalgar Township, McCurdy's Chapel in Trafalgar Township, Bowe's Chapel in Trafalgar, Hornby, Omagh; it was discontinued when the United Church was formed. Wesley Methodist Church was established ca. 1879; it joined the United Church in 1925. Munn's Methodist Church was established ca. 1845; it joined the United Church in 1925. Munn's United Church was established 1925, formerly Methodist. Wesley United Church was established 1925, formerly Methodist; it closed ca. 1964.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records of Trafalgar Methodist Circuit (includes Munn's Church in Oakville, Wesley Church in Oakville, Bethel Church in Trafalgar Township, McCurdy's Chapel in Trafalgar Township, Bowe's Chapel in Trafalgar Township, Hornby, Omagh), 1880-1923; records of Wesley Methodist Church, 1886-1912; records of Munn's Methodist Church, Oakville, 1892-1914; records, including baptisms, 1917-1971, marriages, 1896-1971, burials, 1916-1967, of Trafalgar Pastoral Charge (includes Trafalgar Methodist Circuit, Munn's Church in Oakville, Wesley Church in Oakville, Trinity Church in Oakville, Sheridan), 1896-1985; records of Munn's United Church, Oakville (includes Munn's Methodist Church), 1897-1980; records of Wesley United Church, Oakville (includes Wesley Methodist Church), 1912-1963.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Parts of the textual records are available on microfilm reel(s) LCM-57: positive and negative; 35mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.

Restrictions on access

Access to baptismal, marriage and burial registers may be restricted according to relevant privacy legislation.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use microfilm where available.

Finding aids

Hamilton Conference - finding aid 290

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.150L

Accession

1988.024L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area