Archief F 2011 - Town of Whitby fonds

Open original Digitaal object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Town of Whitby fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

archiefbewaarplaats

referentie code

CA ON00329 F 2011

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1855-1966 (Vervaardig)

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

22 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

Institutionele geschiedenis

Whitby was incorporated as a Village through a proclamation effective March 11, 1852 under the terms of the Baldwin Act, Chapter 81, Canada Statutes, 1849. In 1855, Whitby was incorporated as a Town made up of the three small communities of Port Whitby, Perry's Corners, and Hamer's Corners. Whitby's primary industry of the 19th century centred around the harbour and the transportation of local grain and lumber across Canada and to the United Kingdom.

In 1968, the former Town of Whitby amalgamated with the communities of the Township of Whitby to become known as the Corporation of the Town of Whitby. The Town of Whitby includes the Village of Brooklin and the hamlets of Ashburn, Myrtle, and Myrtle Station.

Geschiedenis beheer

These records were created and maintained by employees of the Town of Whitby. The records were transferred by the Town of Whitby to the Archives of Ontario in 1984 and 1985. The records were then transferred to the Whitby Archives in 2016.

Bereik en inhoud

This fonds consists of the official records of Whitby, including Council Minutes, 1855-1960; By-laws, 1855-1966; Board and Committee Minutes, 1861-1954; Assessment and Collectors Rolls, 1855-1960; Board of Health Records 1934-1957; Court Records, 1928-1955.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

These records were transferred by the Archives of Ontario to the Whitby Archives in 2016.

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Council Minutes, and By-laws are available on self service microfilm, MS 801 Reels 1-14 at the Archives of Ontario.

Restrictions on access

Council Minutes and By-laws may be closed for conservation purposes. Please contact the archivist for more information.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Copyright held by creator. There are no restrictions on reproduction. If you wish to publish any of this material, please contact the archivist.

Toegangen

See finding aid for information on viewing these records.

Associated materials

See F 1839, County of Ontario fonds at the Archives of Ontario.

Related materials

Aanvullingen

None expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Gereviseerd

Niveau van detaillering

Geheel

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Revised: April 11, 2016

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Digitaal object (Master) rights area

Digitaal object (Referentie) rights area

Digitaal object (Thumbnail) rights area

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik