Title and statement of responsibility area
Town of Tilbury fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
11 m of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Town of Tilbury, Kent County, Ontario was incorporated January 1, 1887 under the terms of the Baldwin Act, Chapter 81, Canada Statutes, 1849. As an incorporated,lower tier municipality, it had an elected Mayor, Reeve, Deputy-Reeve and Councillors depending on population. Its responsibilites related largely to the delivery of services such as water, sewage and streets. It had the power to raise money through direct taxation on land and through the use of debentures. Under the provision of Bill 26, the Savings and Restructuring Act, 1996, Tilbury was amalgamated into the new Municipality of Chatham-Kent effective January 1, 1998.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of council minutes, by-laws, assessment rolls, tax collectors rolls, cash books and ledgers.
Immediate source of acquisition
Records were acquired from the Town of Tilbury office on January 1, 1998.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopy charges as per the corporate policy of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent are applicable.
Numerical by-law index
No further accruals are expected.