Fondos 049 - Town of Copper Cliff

Town of Copper Cliff Minutes, January 13, 1902 to July 9, 1915 Typed Transcript of the Town of Copper Cliff Minutes 1902-1915 By-Laws of the Corporation of the Town of Copper Cliff District of Nipissing By-Law No. 59. A By-Law Relating to Dogs By-Law No. 80. For Licensing and Regulating Milk and Cream Vendors, and for Providing for the Ins... By-Law No. 100. A By-Law to Regulate Traffic on the Streets and Highways of the Town of Copper Cliff By-Law 61-10 (As Amended) Being a By-Law of the Corporation of the Town of Copper Cliff for the R... Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1903 Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1904 Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1905 Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1906 Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1907 Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1908 Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1909 Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1910 Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1911 Typed Transcript of the Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1903 Typed Transcript of the Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1904 Typed Transcript of the Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1905 Typed Transcript of the Assessment Roll for the Municipality of the Town of Copper Cliff for 1906
Resultados 1 a 20 de 56 Mostrat todo
Open original Objeto digital

Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad

Título apropiado

Town of Copper Cliff

Tipo general de material

Título paralelo

Otra información de título

Título declaración de responsabilidad

Título notas

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the content of the fonds.

Nivel de descripción

Fondos

Institución archivística

Código de referencia

ON00120 049

Área de edición

Declaración de edición

Declaración de responsabilidad de edición

Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material

Mención de la escala (cartográfica)

Mención de proyección (cartográfica)

Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)

Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)

Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)

Área de fechas de creación

Fecha(s)

  • 1901 - 1972 (Criação)
    Creador
    Town of Copper Cliff

Área de descripción física

Descripción física

0.66 m of textual records.

Área de series editoriales

Título apropiado de las series del editor

Títulos paralelos de serie editorial

Otra información de título de las series editoriales

Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales

Numeración dentro de la serie editorial

Nota en las series editoriales

Área de descripción del archivo

Nombre del productor

(1901-1972)

Historia administrativa

The Town of Copper Cliff was incorporated on April 15, 1901 with the Ontario Statutes 1901, Chapter 51. Prior to this time, the area known as Copper Cliff was located within the Townships of McKim and Snider which was surveyed by Provincial Land Surveyor Francis Bolger in 1883.

As an incorporated town, lower tier municipality, the Town of Copper Cliff had a council consisting of an elected Mayor and six councilors. The Town was responsible for the upkeep of the local road system and the delivery of services including fire protection, policing, water and sewage. The Town of Copper Cliff controlled the regulation of land and local administration through by-laws. It had the ability to raise money through direct taxation on land and through the use of debentures.

In 1933, Lot 1, Concession 1 of the Township of Snider was annexed by the Town of Copper Cliff with the consent of the Ontario Municipal Board. The South ½ of Lot 11, Concession 3 of the Township of McKim was officially annexed under the Ontario Municipal Board to the Town of Copper Cliff in 1943. During the following two decades, the Ontario Municipal Board considered amalgamating Copper Cliff with the City of Sudbury but amalgamation did not actually occur until January 1st, 1973 under the Regional Municipality of Sudbury Act.

Former Mayors of the Town of Copper Cliff include:

Thomas Nicol Kilpatrick 1902
W.C. Kilpatrick 1903 – 1904
Fred Hamilton 1905
J.R. McKinnon 1906 – 1908
George Ralph Craig 1909 – 1913
George Ernest Silvester 1914 – 1917
E.T. Corkill 1918 – 1919
George Ralph Craig 1920 – 1929
Everett Alfred Collins 1930 – 1946
William Tolbert Waterbury 1947 – 1953
Charles Orville Maddock 1954 – 1955
Richard Ross Saddington 1956 – 1958
Richard Godfrey Dow 1959 – 1972

Historial de custodia

Alcance y contenido

This fonds consists of administrative, financial, and judicial records documenting the operation of the Town of Copper Cliff.

Área de notas

Condiciones físicas

Origen del ingreso

The Minutes, By-Law Pamphlets, Assessment Rolls, Programmes, Lists and various financial records were transferred to the Archives from the Clerks department of Greater Sudbury while the 1902 Voters' List was digitized by the Archives of Ontario.

Arreglo

Idioma del material

Escritura del material

Ubicación de los originales

Disponibilidad de otros formatos

Restricciones de acceso

Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación

Instrumentos de descripción

Series, file and item lists available.

Generated finding aid

Materiales asociados

Materiales relacionados

Acumulaciones

Further accruals are expected.

Nota general

The Town of Copper Cliff's crest was created by the International Nickel Company (Inco)'s engineering department in 1945. It was designed using the "Inco Triangle" shape and it depicts the smelter in Copper Cliff with three smoke stacks and a driller working underground. The words "Nickel, Copper, Precious Metals" are written above the triangle with the year of incorporation and the name of the municipality written below the triangle. To learn more about the crest, see "Copper Cliff Gets Municipal Coat of Arms," Sudbury Star, March 14, 1945, p. 3.

Nota general

While some travel guides and name origin reference books record Explorer and Fur-Trader Samuel Hearne (1745-1792) as the person who named Copper Cliff in 1771, this was not the case. Hearne was actually exploring the Coppermine region of the Northwest Territories in 1771 and it appears he never traveled east of Churchill, Manitoba during any of his explorations. For more information on Samuel Hearne, see the Hudson's Bay Company Archives and the British Museum.

Nota general

In 1902, the town's solicitor was the law firm Clang, Buchanan & Meldrum. From 1903 to 1906, it was Clary and Buchanan and from 1907 to 1940, George Edmond Buchanan (December 12, 1875 - January 30, 1941) was the Solicitor for the Town of Copper Cliff. After Buchanan passed away, George E. Collins was appointed the Town Solicitor on February 10, 1941.

Nota general

To listen to Former Mayor Richard Godfrey Dow (1909-1982)'s October 11, 1981 interview on Memories and Music, click here https://www.archeion.ca/r-g-dow.

Identificador/es alternativo(os)

Área de número estándar

Número estándar

Puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Puntos de acceso por autoridad

Tipo de puntos de acceso

Área de control

Identificador de registro de descripción

Identificador de la institución

Reglas o convenciones

Estado de elaboración

Minuta

Nivel de detalle

Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

Idioma de descripción

Escritura de la descripción

Fuentes

Objeto digital (Ejemplar original), área de permisos

Objeto digital (Referencia), área de permisos

Objeto digital (Miniatura), área de permisos

Área de Ingreso

Materias relacionadas

Personas y organizaciones relacionadas

Lugares relacionados

Tipos relacionados

Almacenamiento físico

  • Box: M-079
  • Box: M-080
  • Box: M-081
  • Box: M-082
  • Box: M-083
  • Box: M-084
  • Box: M-085
  • Box: M-086