St. Stephen's Anglican Church (Brooke, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. Stephen's Anglican Church (Brooke, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Services were being held in Bathurst (later known as Brooke) by 1849 and the wooden church of St. Stephen's was opened on September 26, 1867. The church was consecrated on September 16, 1876 by Bishop J. Travers Lewis. By 1909, money was being raised and the new stone St. Stephen's was built on land purchased from Mr. Neil Blair and opened on December 8, 1912. On July 13, 1916 the church was consecrated by Bishop John Charles Roper. Land was donated in 1919 by Robert S. Blair for a cemetery. Bishop E.S. Reed dedicated the parish hall below St. Stephen's in 1961. An addition to the cemetery was obtained and Bishop Reed consecrated the burial ground in 1966. Renovations on the church were undertaken in 1983. St. Stephen's is in the parish of Maberly-Lanark with St. John's, Balderson, St. Alban's, Maberly, and St. Paul's, Lanark.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places