Fonds 2 L47&6.O.1 S18&51 O52&65 O22 - St. Paul's Church (Anglican), Overbrook, Ontario fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Paul's Church (Anglican), Overbrook, Ontario fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

CA ON00006 2 L47&6.O.1 S18&51 O52&65 O22

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1924-1996 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

37.5 cm of textual records 10 photographs : b&w and col.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The facilities at St. Margaret's, Eastview became outgrown and services for the new St. Paul's congregation were held in St. Lucy's Hall and then from 1958 to 1965 in the Overbrook Public School. On June 27th of 1965, the cornerstone was laid for a new church by R.C.M.P. Commissioner George B. McClellan and St. Paul's was dedicated by Bishop Ernest Samuel Reed on October 8th of that year. The Robert Lay Memorial Hall was also dedicated in October of 1965. Repairs were made to the church by 1991 and permission was given to sell the rectory. St. Paul's was consecrated on May 10, 1992 by Bishop E. K. Lackey. The last service at St. Paul's was held on December 29, 1996 and the parishes of St. Christopher's, Gloucester and St. Paul's, Overbrook were amalgamated on January 1, 1997 to become the Church of the Epiphany. St. Paul's was sold by 1999 and the proceeds were used towards the new church for the Parish of the Epiphany.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Paul's congregation in Overbrook, Ontario. It includes parish registers, 1961-1996, vestry records, 1940-1996, service registers, 1961-1996, records of committees and organizations including parish council, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, guest books, service bulletins, newsclippings, lists of parishioners, newsletters, special collections, and photographs.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Paul's, Overbrook.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.

Finding aids

Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"

Associated materials

Related materials


No further accruals are expected.

General note

Most photographs are encapsulated.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres