Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Paul's Church (Anglican), Overbrook, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 2 L47&6.O.1 S18&51 O52&65 O22
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
37.5 cm of textual records 10 photographs : b&w and col.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The facilities at St. Margaret's, Eastview became outgrown and services for the new St. Paul's congregation were held in St. Lucy's Hall and then from 1958 to 1965 in the Overbrook Public School. On June 27th of 1965, the cornerstone was laid for a new church by R.C.M.P. Commissioner George B. McClellan and St. Paul's was dedicated by Bishop Ernest Samuel Reed on October 8th of that year. The Robert Lay Memorial Hall was also dedicated in October of 1965. Repairs were made to the church by 1991 and permission was given to sell the rectory. St. Paul's was consecrated on May 10, 1992 by Bishop E. K. Lackey. The last service at St. Paul's was held on December 29, 1996 and the parishes of St. Christopher's, Gloucester and St. Paul's, Overbrook were amalgamated on January 1, 1997 to become the Church of the Epiphany. St. Paul's was sold by 1999 and the proceeds were used towards the new church for the Parish of the Epiphany.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Paul's congregation in Overbrook, Ontario. It includes parish registers, 1961-1996, vestry records, 1940-1996, service registers, 1961-1996, records of committees and organizations including parish council, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, guest books, service bulletins, newsclippings, lists of parishioners, newsletters, special collections, and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Paul's, Overbrook.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
No further accruals are expected.
Most photographs are encapsulated.