Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Paul's Church (Anglican), 9th Line/Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
13 cm of textual records 6 photographs : b&w and col. Service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Services were held for a congregation at Fitzroy 9th Line from 1867 and there was a church building and cemetery by 1876 on land donated by Edward Greene. A new St. Paul's Church was built and opened in 1887 and was consecrated by Bishop Charles Hamilton on July 4, 1896. This stone building was renovated in 1912 and then again in 1949 to mark the 60th anniversary. St. Paul's Church celebrated its 90th anniversary in 1977. Services ended in 1984 which had in the last ten years been few except for annual cemetery services. St. Paul's, 9th Line was secularized on August 9, 1992.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Paul's congregation, 9th Line/Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1931-1983, service registers, 1941-1984, financial records, property records, special services and events material, historiography, newsclippings, list of parishioners, and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Paul's, 9th Line/Fitzroy Harbour.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
No further accruals are expected.
Some photographs are encapsulated
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Fitzroy Harbour.