St. Paul's Anglican Church (Overbrook, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. Paul's Anglican Church (Overbrook, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The facilities at St. Margaret's, Eastview became outgrown and services for the new St. Paul's congregation were held in St. Lucy's Hall and then from 1958 to 1965 in the Overbrook Public School. On June 27th of 1965, the cornerstone was laid for a new church by R.C.M.P. Commissioner George B. McClellan and St. Paul's was dedicated by Bishop Ernest Samuel Reed on October 8th of that year. The Robert Lay Memorial Hall was also dedicated in October of 1965. Repairs were made to the church by 1991 and permission was given to sell the rectory. St. Paul's was consecrated on May 10, 1992 by Bishop E. K. Lackey. The last service at St. Paul's was held on December 29, 1996 and the parishes of St. Christopher's, Gloucester and St. Paul's, Overbrook were amalgamated on January 1, 1997 to become the Church of the Epiphany. St. Paul's was sold by 1999 and the proceeds were used towards the new church for the Parish of the Epiphany.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places