Fonds - St. Paul's Anglican Church (Dunnville, Ont.) and associated churches fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Paul's Anglican Church (Dunnville, Ont.) and associated churches fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1836-1973 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

1.2 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Land was purchased in Dunnville, Ont. to build a church in 1836. Rev. Bold Cudmore Hill was appointed Grand River Missionary in 1838, making his headquarters between Cayuga and Caledonia on the Grand River at York. A church building was erected in Dunnville in 1843, the year that Rev. Adam Townley was appointed as the first rector. He also served as rector of the churches in Port Maitland and South Cayuga. In 1887 a new church was built under Rev. Percy Smith, the last rector to have the three churches under his care. For a more complete history see Rev. F.H. Wase, A History of the Parish of St. Paul. Christ Church in Port Maitland was built around 1841. The church in South Cayuga was built in 1843-1844. Consecration followed in June 1846 with Bishop Stracham presiding. For a more complete history see History of the Church of St. John the Evangelist, South Cayuga, Ontario. All four churches were served by one rector at various time periods. Records for all churches are inter-mixed within the same parish ledgers.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of parish registers containing statistical records, Vestry minutes, services and financial registers. The fonds has been microfilmed on 6 reels of microfilm, numbered 31-32, 38, 72, 343, 365.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Researchers are requested to use the microfilms. They must also sign an agreement of use form

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Title based on content of fonds.

General note

Fonds on deposit. Ownership of the fonds resides with St. Paul's, Christ Church, St. Alban's and St. John the Evangelist churches.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area