St. Paul's Anglican Church (Aultsville, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. Paul's Anglican Church (Aultsville, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The congregation of St. Paul's was first mentioned in the Synod Journals in 1876. In 1887, construction of a brick church was begun and St. Paul's, Aultsville was consecrated by Bishop Charles Hamilton on December 19, 1900. In January 1925, the church suffered a severe fire, but was completely restored within the year. The congregation of St. Paul's celebrated their Diamond Jubilee on September 3, 1947. As a result of the St. Lawrence Seaway and Hydro Project, the churches of St. Paul's, Aultsville, Christ Church, Moulinette, St. George's, Gallingertown, and St. David's, Wales were replaced by St. Peter's Church in the newly formed village of Ingleside. St. Paul's commemorated its 70th anniversary on the morning of September 27, 1957 and was secularized that evening. By 1958, St. Paul's had been demolished by the Hydro Commission.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC