Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité
St. Mary's Church (Anglican), North March, Ontario fonds
Dénomination générale des documents
Compléments du titre
Mentions de responsabilité du titre
Notes du titre
Niveau de description
Zone de l'édition
Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition
Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents
Mention d'échelle (cartographique)
Mention de projection (cartographique)
Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)
Mention d'échelle (architecturale)
Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)
Zone des dates de production
Zone de description matérielle
28 cm of textual records 5 photographs : b&w and col. Service registers fragile.
Zone de la collection
Titre propre de la collection
Titres parallèles de la collection
Compléments du titre de la collection
Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection
Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection
Note sur la collection
Zone de la description archivistique
Nom du producteur
Services in March have been held since about 1820 in a log house converted into a church. The original St. Mary's was built between 1826 and 1828 using money and land donated by Mr. Hamnett Pinhey. The first service in this church was held on October 7, 1828 and the building was consecrated in 1834. A stone parsonage was built for St. Mary's by 1883. Bishop J. Travers Lewis consecrated an addition to the burial ground on October 21, 1893. Space became limited at St. Mary's and due to safety considerations, services were held in the Orange Hall during planning and erection of a new church in 1909. The old church was destroyed and the land within the remaining walls was used as a burial ground. Bishop John Charles Roper consecrated the new St. Mary's, North March on July 14, 1919. The 50th anniversary of the new stone church was celebrated on October 25, 1959 and the 150th anniversary of the original St. Mary's was held in March of 1978. In 1973, the old church and graveyard were sold to March Township. The parish of March includes St. Mary's, North March, St. John's, South March, and St. Paul's, Dunrobin.
Historique de la conservation
Portée et contenu
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Mary's congregation in North March, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1858-1899, service registers, 1944-1975, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, special services and events material, historiography, newsclippings, and photographs.
Zone des notes
État de conservation
Source immédiate d'acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Mary's, North March.
Langue des documents
Écriture des documents
Localisation des originaux
Disponibilité d'autres formats
Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Instruments de recherche
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
One photograph is encapsulated.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of March.