Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Mark's Church (Anglican), Pakenham, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
12 cm of textual records 5 photographs : b&w and col. 2 postcards : b&w Service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Mark's, Pakenham was built between 1826 and 1844 on land donated by Mr. William McAdam. Prior to this, services were held occasionally at various locations in the community. A parsonage was built in 1863 on land donated by Mr. Owen McCarthy. A second St. Mark's was built in 1876 and consecrated by Bishop J. Travers Lewis on January 5, 1883. A burial ground was obtained in 1898. The addition of a tower, spire, and transept around 1901 completed St. Mark's, Pakenham. Extensive repairs were made to the church property in 1934. September of 1976 marked the 100th anniversary of the laying of the cornerstone for St. Mark's. The parish of Pakenham is comprised of St. Mark's, Pakenham, St. John's, Antrim, and St. George's, Waba.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Mark's congregation in Pakenham, Ontario. It includes service registers, 1931-1959, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, correspondence, historiography, service bulletins, newsclippings, photographs, and postcards.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Mark's, Pakenham.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Postcards and some photographs are encapsulated.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Pakenham.