Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Mark's Church (Anglican), Cumberland, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 6C1 C&6C1 C3&51 C14
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
24.5 cm of textual records 5 photographs : b&w and col. Parish and service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Land was donated by Mr. John Sparrow in 1867 and the church was built the same year. In 1892, St. Mark's was moved from the farm of Mr. Sparrow to the village of Cumberland as the majority of Anglicans lived there. During the move, services were held in a hall and an increased attendance was a result of the change. Renovations were undertaken at St. Mark's in 1935 and 1955. The 125th anniversary of St. Mark's, Cumberland was celebrated in 1992. An addition was completed and renovations made to the church in 1999.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Mark's congregation in Cumberland, Ontario. It includes parish register, 1982-1987, vestry records, 1887-1988, service registers, 1910-1991, records of committees and organizations including parish council, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, newsclippings, lists of parishioners, and photographs. Includes the records for the former Parish of Cumberland-Orleans.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Mark's, Cumberland.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Some photographs are encapsulated.