Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Margaret's Church (Anglican), Rutherglen, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 6P R4&51 R8
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
2 cm of textual records 5 photographs : b&w and col. Service register fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Margaret's, Rutherglen was built around 1855. In 1891, St. Margaret's was entirely rebuilt after being blown down in a storm. The church was consecrated by Bishop Charles Hamilton on October 30, 1896. In 1951, construction of a new St. Margaret's began and the church was consecrated by Bishop Robert Jefferson on July 6, 1952. The log frame of the old church was torn down and removed. St. Margaret's is part of the parish of Mattawa.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Margaret's congregation in Rutherglen, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1934, a service register, 1962-1993, records of committees and organizations, property records, newsclippings, and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Margaret's, Rutherglen.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Parish history in "Roots & Wings" by Beth Somerville and Peggy McLeod, published c1988.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Mattawa.