St. Margaret's Anglican Church (Rutherglen, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. Margaret's Anglican Church (Rutherglen, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

St. Margaret's, Rutherglen was built around 1855. In 1891, St. Margaret's was entirely rebuilt after being blown down in a storm. The church was consecrated by Bishop Charles Hamilton on October 30, 1896. In 1951, construction of a new St. Margaret's began and the church was consecrated by Bishop Robert Jefferson on July 6, 1952. The log frame of the old church was torn down and removed. St. Margaret's is part of the parish of Mattawa.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places