Fonds F1301 - St. John's United Church (Tweed, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. John's United Church (Tweed, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1301

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1996-1997 (Reproduction)
    Reproducer
    United Church of Canada Archives
    Note
    Microfilmed
  • 1881-1964 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. John's United Church (Tweed, Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

19 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-?)

Administrative history

St. John's United Church was established 1925, formerly Methodist

Tweed Methodist Church was established 1881; it joined the United Church of Canada in 1925

Sulphide United Church established 1906; it was united with Tweed Pastoral Charge in 1937. It closed in 1966.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records of Tweed Methodist Circuit, 1881-1924, including a marriage register 1904-1918; marriages of Bridgewater Methodist Circuit 1867-1884; Records of Tweed Methodist church, including marriages 1894-1904, 1881-1924; Marriages of Actinolite Methodist church 1896-1908; Tweed Pastoral Charge including Baptisms 1900-1974, Marriages 1899-2008, and burials 1900-1985; records of Actinolite United Church 1939-2008; records of Sulphide United Church 1919-1966 and recors of St. John's United Church (Tweed, Ont.) 1882-2008, including marriage records 1933-1946.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Parts of the textual records are available on microfilm reel(s) LCM-108: positive and negative; 35mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use microfilm where available

Finding aids

Bay of Quinte - finding aid 287

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.083L

Accession

2004.095L

Accession

2013.253L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area