Title and statement of responsibility area
St. John's Church (Anglican), Eganville, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 6P E&51 E3&65 E2&75 E1
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
11 cm of textual records 10 photographs : b&w and col. 1 postcard : b&w
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The first services in Eganville were held in the homes of J. McMullin (1854) and P.D. Campbell (1862), and in the Union Church by 1863 at which time the congregation was formally organized. St. John's, Eganville was opened for services on Christmas Day, 1864. The church, along with most of the village of Eganville, was destroyed by fire on July 9, 1911. Services were held in the Lutheran church until the new St. John's was opened for Christmas services in 1912. On June 2, 1914, St. John's, Eganville was consecrated by Bishop Charles Hamilton. In the winter of 1965-1966, an experiment of combined services was instituted whereby the congregations of Eganville, Lake Dore and Clontarf all worshipped at Eganville. St. Mark's, Lake Dore was combined with Eganville in 1967. The 120th anniversary was celebrated in 1984. St. John's is in the Parish of Eganville.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. John's congregation in Eganville, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1933-1977, records of committees and organizations, property records, special services and events material, newsclippings, photographs, and a postcard.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. John's, Eganville.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Most photographs and postcard are encapsulated.
Parish history in "Roots & Wings" by Beth Somerville and Peggy McLeod, published c1988.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Eganville.