St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church (Quyon, Quebec)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. John the Evangelist Anglican Church (Quyon, Quebec)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

In 1857, John Egan & Co. donated a site in Quyon for a church and burial ground. Services were held in the schoolhouse until the church was ready for use. St. John the Evangelist was consecrated by Bishop Francis Fulford of Montreal in May 1862. Work began in 1881 on a stone church to replace the old wooden one and in 1885, the second St. John the Evangelist, Quyon was consecrated. St. John the Evangelist is currently in the parish of Aylmer.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC