Title and statement of responsibility area
St. James' Church (Anglican), Leitrim, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 2 P3753&2 R5&2 R52&6.O.1 L
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
74.5 cm of textual records 3 photographs : col. Parish and service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The congregation of St. James' has existed since about 1860 and a church was located on Cowan's farm in 1862. St. James' was known as the Mission at Gloucester until 1877 when the church was officially recognized and named. The church was renovated around 1933. The 100th anniversary was celebrated in 1953. A new foundation was built for St. James' about 1957 and improvements were again made by 1971. The church was relocated in the 1950's to provide for the widening of Highway 31. Since 1988, St. James', Leitrim has been a one-point parish.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. James' congregation in Leitrim, Ontario. It includes parish registers, 1877-1967, vestry records, 1971-1984, service registers, 1935-1973, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, service bulletins, newclippings, lists of parishioners, newsletters, special collections, and photographs. Includes some records for the Church of the Resurrection of our Lord, Ottawa.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. James', Leitrim.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Parish history published in 1973.