St. James' Anglican Church (Carp, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. James' Anglican Church (Carp, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


As early as 1872, services in Carp were being held in the Orange Hall. In 1875, a rectory was built in Carp to serve the Parish of Huntley. St. James' Church was built in 1889 and consecrated by Bishop J. Travers Lewis on December 8, 1892. Land was purchased in 1919 for a cemetery which Bishop John Charles Roper consecrated on June 14, 1921. To mark the 50th anniversary of St. James' Church in 1939, the congregation decided to repair the church which had fallen into disrepair. In 1944, the old Township Hall was purchased to be used as the parish hall. The parsonage at Carp suffered from a major fire in February of 1994 with major renovations and repairs completed by June of the following year. St. James's, Carp is part of the parish of Huntley with Christ Church, 3rd Line/Huntley and St. John's, 6th Line/Huntley.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places