Title and statement of responsibility area
St. George's Church (Anglican), Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
52 cm of textual records 7 architectural drawings 5 photographs : b&w and col. 1 postcard : b&w Service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Land for a church, parsonage and burial ground was donated by Mr. Alexander Sheriff on December 3, 1852 and the stone church of St. George's, Fitzroy was built by 1863. St. George's Church was consecrated on October 2, 1872 by Bishop J. Travers Lewis. The church was renovated in 1900 and then redecorated in 1929. A furnace explosion in February of 1961 required a total redecorating of the church. The centennial of St. George's, Fitzroy Harbour was celebrated on November 26, 1963 and a parish hall was built in 1968. In 1988, the 125th anniversary of St. George's was celebrated. The parish of Fitzroy Harbour includes St. George's, Fitzroy Harbour and St. Thomas', Woodlawn.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. George's congregation in Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1908-1985, service registers, 1914-1970, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, guest books, service bulletins, newsclippings, architectural drawings, a post card, and photographs. Includes some records for St. Paul's, 9th Line/Fitzroy Harbour and St. Thomas', Woodlawn.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. George's, Fitzroy Harbour.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. Architectural records finding aid. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Some photographs are encapsulated.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Fitzroy Harbour.