St. George's Anglican Church (Fitzroy Harbour, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. George's Anglican Church (Fitzroy Harbour, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


Land for a church, parsonage and burial ground was donated by Mr. Alexander Sheriff on December 3, 1852 and the stone church of St. George's, Fitzroy was built by 1863. St. George's Church was consecrated on October 2, 1872 by Bishop J. Travers Lewis. The church was renovated in 1900 and then redecorated in 1929. A furnace explosion in February of 1961 required a total redecorating of the church. The centennial of St. George's, Fitzroy Harbour was celebrated on November 26, 1963 and a parish hall was built in 1968. In 1988, the 125th anniversary of St. George's was celebrated. The parish of Fitzroy Harbour includes St. George's, Fitzroy Harbour and St. Thomas', Woodlawn.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places