Fonds CONG-92 - St. Edward's Presbyterian Church (Beauharnois, Quebec) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Edward's Presbyterian Church (Beauharnois, Quebec) fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    CA ON00313 CONG-92

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1834-1983, predominant 1834-1910 (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    10 cm of textual records

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Administrative history

    St. Edward's Presbyterian Church, Beauharnois, Quebec was established as a united charge with St. Andrew's, Chateauguay, in 1833. The first minister, the Rev. Walter Roach, was called through the Glasgow Colonial Society. In 1844 the congregation remained in connection with the Church of Scotland but about half the congregation left to form a separate congregation of the Presbyterian Church of Canada ("Free Church"). Following the Disruption the congregation at St. Louis was served by the minister of St. Edward's until 1851. The united charge of Beauharnois and Chateauguay was separated in 1907.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    Fonds consists of minutes, registers and other records of the united charge of St. Edward's Presbyterian Church, Beauharnois, Quebec and St. Andrew's, Chateauguay, Quebec (1834-1907) and of St. Edward's Presbyterian Church, Beauharnois, Quebec (1907-1983). Specifically, the fonds consists of registers of baptisms, marriages and burials (1834-1876, 1884-1917); Session minutes (1834, 1850-1892), communion rolls (1833-1834, 1861-1865, 1870-1873); Congregational meeting minutes (1878-1910); a report regarding the new building (1835); three historical booklets (1933, 1958, 1983) and some transcripts and historical notes (ca. 1972).

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Notes Open

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Finding aids

        A file list is available. See FA-4000B at The Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area