Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Christopher's Church (Anglican), Gloucester, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 2 N4881&6.O.1 S6&16 07 01&65 O24
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
1.5 m of textual records 8 architectural drawings 5 photographs : b&w and col.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
St. Christopher's was a congregation organized by the rector of St. Columba's, Ottawa. Services were held in a National Research Council building until 1949 and then resumed in 1955 at Fairfield Public School, Cardinal Heights. The congregation held their first service in the public school on September 15, 1957. Land was purchased in 1958 and the church hall (parish house) was built between 1960 and 1961. A rectory was purchased in 1959. Bishop Ernest Samuel Reed dedicated the parish house on December 8, 1960. By 1974, the parish house was called St. Christopher's Church. Due to a lack of money to build facilities, the decision was made to amalgamate with St. Paul's, Overbrook. The final service was held on December 29, 1996. The parishes of St. Christopher's, Gloucester and St. Paul's, Overbrook amalgamated on January 1, 1997 to become the Church of the Epiphany, Gloucester. The church building, used from 1997 to 2000 for services by the Epiphany congregation, was sold.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Christopher's congregation in Gloucester, Ontario. It includes parish registers, 1959-1996, vestry records, 1957-1996, service registers, 1957-1996, records of committees and organizations including parish council, financial records, property records, special services and events material, correspondence, historiography, guest books, service bulletins, newsclippings, lists of parishioners, newsletters, architectural drawings, and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Christopher's, Gloucester.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. Architectural records finding aid. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
No further accruals are expected.
Some photographs are encapsulated.