Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Augustine's Church (Anglican), Beachburg, Ontario fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 6P B2&51 C
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
22 cm of textual records 3 photographs : col. Service registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
By 1882, services in Beachburg were held in the Orange Hall. Land for a church and cemetery was donated by Mr. John Shaw and on May 26, 1883, St. Augustine's, Beachburg was opened by Bishop John Travers Lewis. The church was consecrated by Bishop Charles Hamilton on October 25, 1886. St. Augustine's was rededicated by Bishop William J. Robinson on October 31, 1972 following the redecoration of the church. St. Augustine's is in the parish of Beachburg-Cobden.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of St. Augustine's congregation in Beachburg, Ontario. It includes vestry records, 1883-1978, service registers, 1926-1974, records of committees and organizations, financial records, property records, special services and events material, newsclippings, and photographs.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of St. Augustine's, Beachburg.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index for parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
Parish history in "Roots & Wings" by Beth Somerville and Peggy McLeod, published c1988.
The parish registers for this congregation are with the Parish of Beachburg-Cobden.