Fonds F1622 - St. Andrew's United Church (Blind River, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Andrew's United Church (Blind River, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

CA ON00340 F1622

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1930-1939 (Creation)
    St. Andrew's United Church (Blind River, Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Administrative history

St. Andrew's United Church, located at 25 Centre Street in Blind River, was established in 1925, formerly a Union church. The Methodists had a mission in the Blind River area beginning in 1895. They met in a school house along with the Anglicans and Presbyterians. A church building was constructed in 1900; it later was destroyed by fire in 1916. While there was a Presbyterian presence in the community as early as the 1880s, it was first listed as a mission in 1901. In 1902, the Presbyterians constructed a church building at Michigan and Centre Streets. In 1917, the Presbyterians and Methodists joined together in the Presbyterian church. In 1925, it joined the United Church of Canada as St. Andrew's United Church. Following the Second World War, the church was briefly part of Blind River-Iron Bridge Pastoral Charge but by 1947, it reverted to being a single-point charge. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of Woman's Missionary Society minutes, 1930-1939, of St. Andrew's United Church, Blind River.

Notes area

Physical condition

No damage - no need for restoration or copying

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access


Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

London Conference - no finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials


Further accruals are expected

General note

Condition: No damage - no need for restoration or copying

Alternative identifier(s)



Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres