Fonds F1226 - St. Andrew's - Ballinafad Pastoral Charge (Georgetown, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Andrew's - Ballinafad Pastoral Charge (Georgetown, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1226

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1831-1997 (Creation)
    Creator
    Ballinafad Pastoral Charge (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

40 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

Ballinafad Pastoral Charge was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian; it included Churchill and Melville Church in Caledon Township, and was discontinued ca. 1967 when St. Andrew's and Ballinafad Pastoral Charge (Georgetown) was formed. Glen Williams Pastoral Charge was formed in 1926 as Limehouse Pastoral Charge; it included Limehouse and Churchill. Melville United Church was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian, established as the Presbyterian congregation of West Caledon in 1831, and became Melville Presbyterian Church when the church building was built in 1837; it closed ca. 1964. Ballinafad United Church was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian, established. ca. 1877

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records, including marriages, 1910-1929, 1955-1977, of Ballinafad Pastoral Charge (includes Knox Presbyterian Church in Ballinafad, Churchill, and Melville United Church in Caledon Township), 1909-1977; circuit register of Glen Williams Pastoral Charge (includes Churchill, Limehouse), 1926-1939; records, including baptisms, 1833 - ca. 1910, of Melville United Church in Caledon Township, 1831-1910; records, including baptisms, 1936-1961, marriages, 1955-1984, and burials, 1935-1976, of Ballinafad United Church (includes Knox Presbyterian Church in Ballinafad), 1881-1997; and records, including baptisms, 1959-1980, marriages, 1960-1984, and burials, 1961-1999, of St. Andrew's United Church, Georgetown (includes St. John's Church in Georgetown), 1959-1999.

Notes area

Physical condition

Condition: Damages - requires restoration or copying.

Immediate source of acquisition

Records from 2019.022L were transferred from the Presbyterian Church in Canada Archives.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • englanti

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Hamilton Conference - finding aid 290

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Includes records of former Fonds 2801.

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.162L

Accession

1994.090L/OS

Accession

2003.148L

Accession

2019.022L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area