Fonds F1634 - Smith's Hill United Church (Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Smith's Hill United Church (Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F1634

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1998 (Reproduction)
    Reproducer
    United Church of Canada Archives
    Note
    Microfilmed
  • 1870-1951 (Creation)
    Creator
    Smith's Hill United Church (Ont.)

Physical description area

Physical description

12 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-ca. 1949)

Administrative history

Smith's Hill United Church was established in 1925, formerly Presbyterian; it closed ca. 1949, with a committee remaining to sell its property.

Custodial history

Damages - requires restoration or copying

Scope and content

Fonds consists of communion roll, 1878-1890, session minutes, 1875-1890, 1930, financial reports, 1922, 1923, 1925, of Smith's Hill Presbyterian Church, (now Carlow) (includes Leeburn); communion roll, 1887-1893, and Session minutes, 1890-1926, of Benmiller and Smith's Hill Pastoral Charge (includes Smith's Falls Presbyterian Church, Benmiller, Smith's Hill), 1887-1926; baptisms, 1890-1927, communion roll, 1870-1941, congregational minutes, 1910-1951, insurance policy, 1950, of Smith's Hill United Church (now Carlow) (includes Smith's Hill Presbyterian Church).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Parts of the textual records are available on microfilm reel LCM-214: positive and negative; 35 mm. For a listing of these records, see the LCR Microfilm Shelf List. LCM reels are available through Inter-Library Loan.

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Use microfilm where available

Finding aids

London Conference - finding aid 291

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.385L

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area