Moira-Schuster Ltd.

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Moira-Schuster Ltd.

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1954-

History

There was a coal dock at the end of Front Street in Belleville, Ontario, from 1850, when it was owned by the Rathbun Lumber and Coal Company. In 1905 the company moved to Deseronto and the coal portion was purchased by William E. Schuster and Walter Belair. Belair bought out his partner in 1930 and sold the firm to Canadian Fuels Ltd. in 1934. In 1954 the Schuster Company purchased Moira Fuels Ltd. from A. McLean Haig and the company was named Moira-Schuster Ltd. They stopped selling coal in 1969 and the coal dock on Front Street was sold in 1973. A ten-storey apartment block was built on the site.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places