Fonds F2503 - Royal York Road United Church (Etobicoke, Ont.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Royal York Road United Church (Etobicoke, Ont.) fonds

General material designation

  • Graphic material
  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00340 F2503

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1916-1994 (Creation)
    Creator
    Royal York Road United Church (Etobicoke, Ont).

Physical description area

Physical description

1.55 m of textual records
Photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1944-)

Administrative history

Royal York Road United Church was organized in 1944 when the old Tomlinson church was physically moved from its market garden community to its present location at 851 Royal York Road, south of Bloor Street West, in Etobicoke. Worship services began in October of 1943. In 1970 Queensway United Church closed and the congregation joined Royal York Road. It is still an active congregation of the United Church of Canada.

Queensway United Church in Etobicoke was established in 1925 under the name Etobicoke United Church; formerly Etobicoke Methodist Church, which was founded in 1923. The congregation first met in a building on the southeast corner of Church Street (now Royal York Road) and Queen Street (now The Queensway) in what was then called North Mimico. In 1924, the congregation moved to a building located on the corner of McRoberts Avenue (now Rose Meade Avenue) and Mark Street (now Tenby Street), northeast of Royal York and The Queensway. In 1946, the church was re-named Queensway United. In 1954, the congregation moved to a new building located at 48 Rose Meade Avenue. In 1970, the church was closed and the congregation amalgamated with Royal York Road United Church.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists records of Tomlinson United Church, Etobicoke (includes Tomlinson Methodist Church), 1916-1943; records, including baptisms, 1940-1961, and marriages, 1936-1962, of Queensway United Church (formerly Etobicoke United Church) in Etobicoke, 1929-1965; records, including photographs, of Queensway United Church, Etobicoke (includes Etobicoke United Church), 1932-1970; records, including baptisms, 1943-1945, photographs, of Royal York Road United Church, Etobicoke, 1943-1994.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Access to baptismal, marriage and burial registers may be restricted according to relevant privacy legislation.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Toronto Conference - Metropolitan Toronto - finding aid 289

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Further accruals are expected

General note

Includes records from the former Fonds 1810: Queensway United Church (Etobicoke, Ont.)

Alternative identifier(s)

Accession

1977.498L

Accession

1977.703L

Accession

1997.084L/TR

Accession

2020.003L/TR

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

CAN

Institution identifier

ON00340

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

2020 01; rb

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area