Series 2015.48.4 - Port Hope Hospital Trust Fundraising Receipts

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Port Hope Hospital Trust Fundraising Receipts

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Series

Repository

Reference code

CA ON00154 2015.48-2015.48.4

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1951-1952 (Creation)
    Creator
    Prower, Mary Gertrude McMillan
    Place
    Port Hope, Municipality of

Physical description area

Physical description

0.01m textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1926-2015)

Biographical history

Mary Prower (nee McMillan), after graduating high school in Port Hope, continued her ballet training in Toronto at the Boris Volkoff School of Dance and joined the corps de ballet of the Volkoff Canadian Ballet (ca. 1946-1949). She returned to Port Hope and taught ballet from 1950 to ca. 1961. In 1950, the Bluestone house was converted into a ballet school. Mary directed the Bluestone School of Ballet from 1951 to 1954 and later in 1954/55 opened and operated a studio, the Mary McMillan School of Ballet, located at 24 Smith Street.

Custodial history

Donated to the Port Hope Archives by M. Prower via E. Prower, 2015. From the estate of Miss Mary O'Neill.

Scope and content

Series consists of receipts and associated documentation addressed to Miss Mary O'Neill & other O'Neill family members from donations made by Miss McMillan to the Port Hope Hospital Trust, 1951-1952. Donations were made to the trust to build a new hospital, which was constructed in 1963-1964.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area