File 2004.7.1.8 - Port Hope Hospital Hospital Newspaper and Magazine Clippings

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Port Hope Hospital Hospital Newspaper and Magazine Clippings

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

File

Repository

Reference code

CA ON00154 2000.9-2004.7.1.8

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1995-1996 (Creation)
    Creator
    Port Hope & District Hospital
    Place
    Port Hope, Municipality of

Physical description area

Physical description

0.05m textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1911-2000)

Administrative history

The Port Hope Hospital was first established in the two story brick house formerly belonging to the McLean family, at the corner of Hope and Ward Streets. In 1915, plans were underway to build the new hospital, with the cornerstone being laid on October 8, 1915. The official opening of the new hospital was held on June 29, 1916. The building cost $31,500 to build, only $2000 had to be borrowed. The nurses training school was established soon after its opening. In 1929, the west wing of the hospital was completed, providing 25 additional beds, X-ray and laundry room. A new hospital opened in the 1960s, and merged with the Cobourg hospital to create the new Northumberland Hills (located in Cobourg) in 1999-2000.

Custodial history

Donated to the Ganaraska Region Archives by the Northumberland Hills Healthcare Corporation following the closure of the Port Hope & District Hospital, 2004.

Scope and content

Series consists of newsclippings regarding the hospital in Port Hope, 1995-1996. Some of the articles include: "Port Hope: Latest in Hospital Technology" October 12, 1995, Peterborough Examiner;" "Teleradiology purchase a First for Ontario" 1996; "Cobourg gets hospital Headquarters" October 1, 1996, Guide; "Foundation announces impressive fundraising numbers for hospital" 1996; "Temporary name could become permanent" 1996; "Hospital Celebrates at Capitol" 1996; "Hospital gets hi-tech x-ray link."

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres