Port Elgin Evangelical United Brethren Church (Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Port Elgin Evangelical United Brethren Church (Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The German-speaking residents of the Port Elgin area were first served by a missionary of the Evangelical Association Church in 1854. A church was erected at Port Elgin in 1868 and a Sunday School was organized in 1871. The Port Elgin Church became part of the Evangelical United Brethren Church in 1946, and became a church in the United Church of Canada in 1968.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC