Fonds - Paynes Mills Women's Institute fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Paynes Mills Women's Institute fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1905-2009 (Creation)
    Creator
    Paynes Mills Women's Institute
    Place
    Paynes Mills

Physical description area

Physical description

17 volumes : 182 photographs
46 booklets
3.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1927-2007)

Administrative history

On April 29th, 1927, a number of women from Talbotville and Paynes Mills met to establish a local branch of the Women's Institute, which was to meet on the third Thursday of each month at a member's home. By 1946, however, the branch had grown substantially and members decided to split into two separate branches, one for each community. The Paynes Mills Women's Institute was officially founded on February 21st, 1946. Four years later, in 1950, the branch acquired a hall for their meetings and events. Over the years, members of the Paynes Mills WI raised money for charity, held a variety of community events including barbecues, teas and suppers and sponsored 4-H Homemaking clubs. The branch remained active until 2007 when it disbanded.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records created and maintained by the Paynes Mills Women's Institute. Fonds is arranged into the following series:

  • History series, 1946-2002
  • Minutes series, 1946-2009
  • Hall Records series, 1905-1989
  • Programs series, 1929-2004
  • Treasurer's Books series, 1979-2009

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Accompanying material

The Tweedsmuir Histories compiled by members of the Women's Institutes of Elgin County are available online through the County of Elgin Women's Institutes Tweedsmuir Histories Digitization Project.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area