Paynes Mills Women's Institute

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Paynes Mills Women's Institute

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1927-2007

History

On April 29th, 1927, a number of women from Talbotville and Paynes Mills met to establish a local branch of the Women's Institute, which was to meet on the third Thursday of each month at a member's home. By 1946, however, the branch had grown substantially and members decided to split into two separate branches, one for each community. The Paynes Mills Women's Institute was officially founded on February 21st, 1946. Four years later, in 1950, the branch acquired a hall for their meetings and events. Over the years, members of the Paynes Mills WI raised money for charity, held a variety of community events including barbecues, teas and suppers and sponsored 4-H Homemaking clubs. The branch remained active until 2007 when it disbanded.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Talbotville Women's Institute (1927-1966)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

associative

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

The Talbotville Women's Institute and the Paynes Mills Women's Institute were initially a single branch.

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC