Title and statement of responsibility area
Parish of Wakefield-Chelsea-Lascelles (Anglican), Quebec fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA ON00006 2 G4&2 G45&2 S69&6C2 W1B
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
39 cm of textual records Parish registers fragile.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Parish of Wakefield-Chelsea-Lascelles consists of four churches. In 1870, land for a church in Wakefield was obtained from Dame Sarah McTaggart and in two years, the Church of the Good Shepherd was built just outside the village. In 1875, the building of St. Mary Magdalene Church, Chelsea was begun and was dedicated two years later. Between 1864 and 1887, Holy Trinity Church, Masham (Lascelles) was built of pine. Land was obtained in 1892 and St. Stephen's, Kazabazua was consecrated in 1900.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records of the activities of the Parish of Wakefield-Chelsea-Lascelles in Quebec. It includes parish registers, 1864-1993, the records of committees and organizations including parish council, financial records, special services and events material, correspondence, and newsletters. Includes some records for St. George's, Gatineau.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated at various times by clergy, parish officers, parishioners, and staff of the Parish of Wakefield-Chelsea-Lascelles.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Parish registers after 1930 available only to family members.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Photocopying of original registers is not permitted. Use of records for publication, either whole or in part, requires permission of the archivist.
Index to parish registers. Database available for index to parish registers. Index for other parish records. "Guide to the Holdings of the Ecclesiastical Province of Ontario"
Further accruals are expected.
The 1864-1972 parish register is a typed duplicate of the Wakefield and Lascelles registers that are covered in this period. Original and photocopy available for the 1899-1930 parish register.