Parish of Pakenham (Pakenham, Ont.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Parish of Pakenham (Pakenham, Ont.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


The Parish of Pakenham, Ontario presently consists of three churches and formerly included one other. St. Mark's, Pakenham was built between 1826 and 1844. Services for the congregation of St. John's, Antrim began by 1869 and the church was erected in 1873. St. George's, Waba developed out of services held in Ellis' Schoolhouse beginning in 1900 and land was donated for a church the following year. Services began for the congregation of a fourth church, St. Augustine of Canterbury in Galetta, about 1880 and the church was closed in 2000.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places